Turn an intelligent guess into a validated "yes" with the evolutionary Metcal CV-5200 Connection Validation Soldering Station.
Frustrated with cold joints, too much solder or insufficient wetting? Now it's easy to verify solder joint reliability. Metcal's CV-5200 Connection Validation™ Soldering Station goes beyond visual inspection and gives you the "green light" you've always wanted.
With the CV-5200, Metcal introduces technology that will forever change hand soldering. Now see real-time, closed-loop feedback of an intermetallic compound formation (IMC)—a critical component of a successful solder joint. Once the IMC is calculated, if the LED light encircling the handpiece turns green, you'll know you've made a quality solder joint connection.
- Helps mitigate the risk of inadequate solder joints; saves money
- Increases process control for zero tolerance industries, e.g. aerospace, automotive, etc.
- Complements operator skill with a repeatable, measurable solder process standard
- Clearly displays tip temperature on large, color graphics screen
- Provides bidirectional communication from cartridge to power supply using patented chip and cartridge technology
- Instantly delivers power on demand using SmartHeat®; no calibration needed
- Chip-in-Cartridge offers
- Recording and storing of cartridge data for analysis
- Power supply stability against incorrect cartridges
- Backward compatibility with MX Series power supplies
- Password protection
Shop Metcal CV-5200 Parts and Accessories
Introduced at IPC APEX 2017, Metcal's exciting patented technology was met enthusiastically by contract manufacturers and electronics assembly leaders worldwide.
Improve Quality & Mitigates Risk - Reduces solder joint defects by validating the intermetallic compound (IMC) formation in a soldered joint.
Enhance Process Control - The LED light ring integrated in the hand piece notifies the operator of a successful solder joint - complementing the visual industry inspection standard - adding repeatability and a measurable standard to the soldering process.
Improve Compliance - Chip-in-Cartridge technology precisely calculates and displays tip temperature on a large color display, improving audit compliance.
Future-Proof Investment - Communication port provides access to process traceability data and easy firmware upgrades.